Tuesday, August 14, 2012

our baby is


Every month that I do this little "month birthday" post, I find myself looking back on his newborn pictures...and dying that he's one month older! I love looking back on those pictures, because that was the day that my life changed forever. And it was one of the best days of my life! I became a mom that day, and I have loved every day since then. Getting to snuggle and love this boy all day long is seriously the best!

Even though he doesn't love to be snuggled :)

At 7 months:
-sleeps from about 8 or 8:30 to 7:30ish
-loves to eat just about anything and everything...especially popsicles!
-loves squash, sweet potatoes, peas, beans (way more than fruit!)
-likes bananas and peaches
-hates apricots
-loves yogurt bites and veggie straws (and I love them too, because they work like a pacifier)
-loves taking "sips" of water from a cup
-still won't hold his own bottle, but you better believe we are working on it!
-will eat anything given to him on a normal fork or spoon
-LOVES the tags on everything

Sidenote: I cannot emphasize that last bullet point enough. Bridger LOVES tags. He will suck on the tags of his toys rather than play with them. He will find the tags on his blankets and go to town. He even found the tag on his stroller when it was brand new, and I caught him, neck craned, trying to get the big tag into his mouth. It's pretty hilarious to watch him focus so intently on the tags before he shoves them into his mouth. Often times, I'll look over at him as he's playing, and he'll have the tag in his mouth, and the toy will just be dangling there. And he's as happy as can be. I was about to cut the tags off of all his toys because they are so big and ridiculous, but then I discovered this little obsession of his. Good thing I didn't snip any of his precious tags off his stuff! Pictures of this funny little quirk to come in a later post...

Moving on....
-doesn't crawl, but Honey is trying to teach him, and I don't know how I feel about it yet!
-likes to balance on his bum while holding onto one foot and lifting it into the air
-loves the swing
-when I put him down to sleep for a nap or at night, he scooches himself to the corner of the crib and smashed his face up against the side of the crib, and falls asleep, all within a minute or two
-loves stuffed animals
-flaps his arms up and down really fast when he's excited (which earned him the nickname of Penguin by my dad)
-out of the Bumbo and into a highchair he went! (His legs are too chunky for the Bumbo and he was tired of getting stuck every time)
-loves the shower now, just as much as the bath
-he is really into mauling everyone's faces lately, and I'm not sure why exactly. If you kiss his cheek, he will immediately attack your face. It's so funny, but maybe just needs to be experienced to understand completely. We'll leave it at that.
-loves the kitty, and because of that, we haven't seen the kitty around much lately
-loves hats, especially Big Fella's
-talks all the time
-wore shoes for the first time on Sunday, for about, oh, and hour. They fell off before anyone could even see how cute they were on him! oh well...
-likes to hold his diapers (clean ones) while I'm changing him
-likes to hold the lotion while I'm lotioning (new word?) him
-he's rocking the mowhawk these days, and it gets more attention than he does when we are out and about. hah!
-loves the grass, and doesn't mind just sitting in it
-loves just about everyone right now. no favorites with this boy! (bummer for me!)
-loves being around people, and having someone in sight at all times. if you leave the room, he cries pretty much immediately, which means we have had to learn to be sneaky when needing to get things done around here.

All of this is great and so much fun to look back on and remember, but if I could only remember one thing about this stage, it would be that it's so FUN! I am loving this age. He is so inquisitive already, really studying things and figuring things out. He's so lovey too, and maybe a little needy, but that's ok, because I'm the mom, and I'm supposed to be needed, right?? He is just the happiest boy, and we are lucky to have him in our little family. I can't really imagine my life without a baby BOY!

Ah, it's seriously the best.

He refused to look at the camera today. Soooo, this is what we get.  

No comments:

Post a Comment