Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Lots of changes here in the Hakes home!

Steve has been looking for a new job!
Unfortunately, as of about a month or so ago, Steve was laid off.
We know that things happen for a reason, though, so we have been looking at the bright side of things. And there have been many bright sides to this seemingly unfortunate situation we have found ourselves in.
We have always wanted to end up in Colorado, and now seems like the best time to make our way out that direction. We can't help but feel guided by our Heavenly Father as we've made decisions along our way. Before we were even married, Steve and I looked at buying a house. We even put an offer on a couple. One offer was even accepted. But it never felt right. We thought about maybe even starting to look again last fall, but again, it just didn't feel right. So, here we've stayed, in our cozy little basement apartment, patiently waiting.
We are so grateful, at this time especially, that we don't have a house to worry about. And we are free to go pretty much wherever, whenever. Our Heavenly Father is watching over us! This we know.

So, we had always planned on going to Denver to see my family over Memorial Day weekend, but our new circumstances made it so we could stay a little longer so that Steve could interview and meet with all the big firms in the Denver area.
It was a success!! Steve was pretty much busy every day that we were there (about 2 weeks), meeting with all kinds of people. Steve is a rockstar when it comes to networking! Holy moly! He kept rattling off names and companies, and I just nodded my head like I knew what it the world he was talking about. I couldn't keep up with his busy schedule. He made some really great contacts and had some successful interviews. Now we just wait and see! He wants to have chosen a company by the time we leave for Delaware, the end of next week. I am so proud of Steve. He works so hard and is so determined when it comes to his career. I am lucky to have him!

Lovely Colorado.

Bridger did great in the car again! He didn't cry or get super fussy until we were driving into my parent's neighborhood. And we only had to stop once! I'm glad he's such a great traveler, because we've got some trips ahead of us that I would be DREADING if he wasn't.

Being in Denver, for me and Bridger, was a little more relaxing, than it was for Steve. Poor Steve!
It's always nice being home. My mom always asks what I would like to do while I'm there, because I think she feels bad that we don't really do much, but I'm just fine staying home, just hanging out. It's kinda what I enjoy most about going to my house.

We did do some fun things while we were there, though.

Bridger Boy's first baseball game!
It was a little rainy and cold for the first few innings, but we hung in there, and stayed until the top of the 8th inning. Of course. That's when we always leave. I don't think I've ever stayed for an entire baseball game when I've gone with my dad! hah! But, on the bright side, we always get home without any run-ins with traffic!
Love you Dad!
But seriously, one of these times, we HAVE to stay til the end! 

Bridger Boy loves his Big Fella.

And his Honey.



Auntie M and Auntie Tay with the boy.
We missed you Uncle Jeff and Auntie Paige!

My mom and I re-accessorized her house! It was a little overwhelming. Actaully, a lot overwhelming! But still fun. It took FOREVER, as in ALL DAY LONG to get everything done, and by the end of the day, I think we were just throwing things places to get them off the dining room table. I think everything turned out great though, and now I'm just looking forward to all the new furniture to get here that my mom ordered back in March. It's going to look great!

We had a pile of old accessories that needed to go to Goodwill or something, but we saved ourselves a trip, and let the McRae kids go to town. Brook wasn't as thrilled as the kids were, obviously. Look at those faces though! It was like Christmas for them! Hah! I think Connor was most excited about the fancy lamp that he gets to put in his room.

Mom and I took at Chalk & Clay Paint class at the Rusty Nail in Downtown Littleton.
It was really fun, and we got to paint an old piece of furniture that needed a facelift.

Swimming at Grandma Nola's pool.
Bridger did great! He loves the water.
We are excited to go to the beach in a couple weeks, and stick his little toes in the ocean water.
And we're excited to go to Montana, to float around in the lake with him!
We've got some fun trips ahead of us this summer, and we can't wait to see all our family!

Just because. 

I cannot resist.


2 comments:

  1. So glad it's all working out! Bridger is getting so big and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting for your family! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete