Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Cereal

So about a month or so ago, Bridger broke his nice little habit of sleeping like 9 hours straight at night, and started waking up at 3 am. Hungry! And since I'm not nursing anymore, it was kind of a rude awakening for me too, because I needed to go into the kitchen and make a bottle, instead of just pulling him into bed with me to nurse. Ugh. He kept up this nasty little habit for a few weeks.

But, it all changed when we went to Denver. 

Here's the part where you can't judge!

While we were out there, I started to put CEREAL in his bottle. Shhh!

I know, I know. The doctors say that you shouldn't do that because it will confuse the baby, and then they won't want to drink a normal bottle. Yadda, yadda. They said the same kind of thing about waiting to introduce a bottle until he was like a month old, but I broke the rule on that one too. He's been a bottle drinker from the time he was like 2 weeks.

I'll tell you what. Putting cereal in his bottle was the best choice ever (for me). It filled him up, and he slept! He did wake up at 3 am that first night, because of habit, but he only cried for a little bit, and fell right back asleep and slept until 7:30. Perfect!

The next night, and the night after that, and the one after that, just got better and better. Bridger is sleeping at least 10 hours straight now!
Hallelujah!

While we were at my parent's house, we also fed him cereal (with a spoon) for the first time! 

He liked it! 
(Not quite as much as the watermelon we let him suck on though! Hah!)

I have been feeding him a little bit of cereal at night, before his bath and bottle. He's so cute, sitting there in his bumbo in nothing but his diaper. We love this little rollie pollie.


 




And then it was bath time in the kitchen sink.
The walls, floors, countertops, my clothes...pretty much everthing in a 5 foot radius...was SOAKED.
This boy loved to sit up in the sink and splash like crazy.
And we didn't mind the mess one bit, because he was having the time of his life!


 See? He LOVES watermelon.


  

1 comment:

  1. Kendyle he seriously is the cutest. And I am so glad he is sleeping so well again! I would never judge you and I feel like all moms shouldn't judge each other because we're all just doing our best to take care of our babies, and every baby is different. But, if it does make you feel better, my doctor actually told me to put rice cereal in Asher's bottle. He said it may help with him spitting up less. Asher didn't like it though and it didn't help so I didn't do it for long. But obviously my doctor doesn't think there is anything wrong with it. We need to get together soon.

    ReplyDelete