Wednesday, February 6, 2013

birthday festivities

oh geez. 27. 27
i think i am officially in my late 20's and that's freaking me out just a tad.
26 could have just gone on repeat over and over and I would have been pretty happy.

butttt, here i am. one more year down, and closer to 30. yikes!

we had a great weekend, celebrating and partying with the family.
since my bday was on sunday, we decided to do most of the celebrating on saturday.
we went to breakfast at my favorite, Snooze, and i had delicious pineapple upside down pancakes...annnnd Bridger made it through the entire breakfast without crying OR climing up on the table. This was big, you guys.


after breakfast, we came home, B took his naps, and then we headed out to go bowling, which was a blast, although i played pretty miserably (like, bumpers probably should have been used). afterward, we went to dinner to Rubios.
that's actually steve's favorite place to eat, but i was really craving it. plus, i had a free meal. Bingo!
after dinner with everyone, steve and i did a little shopping, and then headed over to chili's to get their molten lava chocolate cake. it was delicious, and i just so happened to sneakily mention that it was my bday, and they gave us our dessert for free, too. double Bingo!
we like getting free food, when we can.





































sunday was my actual birthday, and it was equally as great! minus the fact that i had to share it with the Super Bowl. just kidding, i didn't mind.
we spent the day with dad's side of the family for baby wendy's blessing and a luncheon afterward.
we came home in time for the kickoff and then we made j-dawgs and shrimp dip for dinner.
and strawberry shortcake for dessert.
(and breakfast the next morning. shhh.)






































monday, the festivities continued, much to my surprise!
steve surprised me, for one of my gifts, with tickets to the Avs game on monday night.
i hadn't been to a game in years, and it did not disappoint! we had great seats, and had a ton of fun.
he even picked out a cute Avs shirt for me to wear, which means we'll be going to many more games in the future. which makes me happy because 1) i really like hocky games and 2) sporting events is the only place that i ever get dippin' dots.


it was a memorable weekend spent with lots of family, my baby, and my man. it was pretty perfect!

1 comment:

  1. 27 feels old to me too...but at least you aren't halfway to 28 already! Geez! It looks like you had a fabulous birthday and were well taken care of. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete