Sunday, March 11, 2012

Blessing

We blessed Bridger last weekend here in our ward in Provo, and we were lucky to have both sides of our family in town to help us celebrate! Mom and Dad and McKae's trip was a quick one: they came in late Friday night and left Sunday afternoon....I guess McKae needed to get back for school or something :) Paige hadn't seen Bridger Boy, so she flew in on Thursday night and got to spend all day Friday soaking up baby, which is pretty darn easy to do. I do it every day! It was so fun to spend the day with Paige on Friday. We did what we do best: SHOP and EAT! Taylor joined in on the fun, too. We went to Kneaders for breakfast, then headed up to Tai Pan and then to H&M do get me some clothes that don't have either a big elastic band around the tummy or spandex in the material.

I scored. And I loved it. Ahhh, it's good to be back!

Aunt Joett threw a fun baby shower for me on Saturday morning. It was fun to have Mom and all my sisters there, and also Laraine, too! I was so grateful that Steve's parents made the trip out here to support us, and to see their newest grandbaby. It was fun to be able to spend some time with them, too. Bridger got some pretty fun things at the shower, although he was a little too tired to care (he spend most of the shower sleeping). Lots of books, clothes, and toys! I can't believe he will be old enough soon to start liking books and toys. I am in denial. I don't want him to get any bigger!

His blessing day was perfect. PERFECT! My parents came over to help us get all ready (seeing as 8:30 church is a bit of a struggle!) We gave Bridger a little bath and then dressed him in his darling, knitted blessing outfit. We were so worried, when he was born, that he would be swimming in his blessing outfit, but not so! He fit in it perfectly, and looked so so cute all dressed in white. 



He was such a little angel baby during sacrament meeting. He just slept and was passed from sister to sister, and then finally to Mom and Dad, I mean, Honey and Big Fella. The blessing was so sweet. Steve did such a great job. What a good dad he is to our little boy.




We love being Bridger's parents. We are loving every minute with him...even the messy diaper and fussy moments. He is such a blessing, and has brought so much peace and love into our home. Our Heavenly Father is truly watching over our little family.


2 comments:

  1. So sweet. I can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad we could spend this special day with you guys. Bridger just gets cuter and cuter each day.

    ReplyDelete