Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Incident.

Bridger really likes the water.

Wait. Scratch that.

Bridger LOVES the water.
Yep. That's more like it.

My mom and I went flower shopping last week. Bridger ran around, splashing in all the puddles. Mud all over his face, his pants soaked to his knees, his feet squeaking in his shoes from all the water sloshing around in there. He was loving life! And I didn't even care how messy and soaked he got until...

He fell in a hole. A HOLE!

This is how it happened.

He was running along the sidewalk, splashing in the 2-3 inches of water, having the time of his little life. And looking pretty adorable while doing it, of course!
 
He would occsionally stop and eat some mud from this big pile of dirt. (Where did the big pile of dirt come from, you ask? THE HOLE.)
 
Then he splashed some more in a bigger puddle, just inches from the hole...
 
And in my defense, this hole didn't look like a hole. It didn't look any different than the puddle in the picture above. (Proof below) 
 
And then before I knew it, he walked right into this...
 
Ok, maybe it looks like more of a hole than a puddle in this picture. But in real life, I couldn't even tell!
 
He had his little hands in the air, going "Eh! Eh!" And I went, "Oh! Oh! Oh! Moooooommm!" Bridger didn't even shed a single tear.
 
I yelled again to my mom, and she came running back around the corner. By the time she got there, I had pulled B out of the hole, and I was basically dying of laughter. (Don't worry, I checked if he was hurt. He wasn't.)
 
Because look at him. I mean really. He was SOAKED up to his chest!
 
And he didn't even care.
 
I held him there so we could take a few pictures, and then he was off again. Splashing in the puddles like nothing traumatic had even happened.
 
He's such a boy.
 
Oh, and Steve's reaction to the whole story?? He was just disappointed that I didn't get the whole ordeal on camera. Sorry Steve, my initial reaction, when B fell into a 2-ft-deep hole, wasn't to grab the camera. I'll make sure to get my priorities straight the next time it happens :)
 
And even more disappointing, the flower shop didn't even give us all my mom's flowers for free! How rude. :)

2 comments:

  1. That's hilarious! He definitely doesn't look like he cares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think adults cause kids to react more than they would on their own. They just get up and keep going!

    ReplyDelete